Welcome to Massage Doula
Brought to you by the Institute of Somatic Therapy. We are the premier certifying organization for prenatal massage and Massage Doulas. Massage Doulas are Certified Massage Therapists who have completed advanced study in prenatal massage, postpartum massage, labor, delivery support and, optionally, infant massage.
Our home study materials are also available to lay persons who wish to provide pregnancy, labor or infant massage to a friend or family member.
What a Certified Massage Doula can do for you:
- Shorten length of labor, reduce need for pain medications or epidurals, reduce the need for pitocin, reduce the need for forceps & vacuum extraction, reduce the need for c-sections, dramatically increase your odds of a natural labor, most importantly improve the health of your baby!
What a Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist can do for you:
- During Pregnancy: Safe, drug-free relief of aches & pains, reduce swelling, ease pressure on the sciatic nerve, learn relaxation skills for labor, prepare your body for delivery, assist circulation, release emotional tension, improve sleep patterns.
- Postpartum: Restore muscle tone to abdomen, stimulate the uterus to return to its pre-pregnant size and position, alleviate muscle pain from postural shifts, fuller breasts, and weight of carried infant.
What a Certified Infant Massage Instructor can teach you to do:
- Promote bonding, stimulate circulation, ease colic, gas, and digestive discomfort, improve sleeping patterns, stimulate brain development.
What a Certified Fertility Massage Therapist can do for you:
- Help restore your uterus to its normal position and shape if it has become tilted or compressed by an impacted intestine
- Improve circulation to your reproductive organs, allowing fresh oxygenated blood and nutrients to flow
- Help loosen scar tissue and clear blockages to the Fallopian tubes
- Provide relaxation to other organs, promoting their overall health and ability to function normally
- Help achieve hormonal balance
- Help relieve cramps